Tuesday, September 5, 2023

IMEX AWI Artillery

The figures are 1/72 IMEX from the British and American artillery sets. I used some from each set. They are painted as Continental artillery although the British uniform is not much different. The poses are excellent imo, but the guns that come with the sets are terrible. They are way to small which is to bad because it’s a howitzer in the British set. I tried to make them work but no go so I salvaged two guns from an IMEX set of Mexican artillery for the Mexican American War.







2 comments:

jz said...

I still have my Airfix American Revolution figures I painted in 1976. I still use them in game now and then and am still happy to have them. I could never replace them as they represent a large part of my gaming history. I also have a vintage American army in metal. They bring back pleasant memories of my youth.

JZ

Bruce Roeder said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.I would love to get some pics of your collection, especially the vintage metal.