Friday, September 15, 2023

Italeri 1\72 ACW

 My 1\72 ACW collection is large and features plastic miniatures from Italeri, HAT, Accurate, Revell, and classic Airfix.

I also have metal ACW figures from Musket Miniatures in 22mm and 20mm figures from Newline and Irregular.

When I got back into the hobby in 2014 and wanted to do ACW again I did the Italeri figures first. With very few exceptions, Italeri figures rank among the best in 1\72 plastic.

The Italeri ACW collection has an early-war look to them.

Confederate Cavalry. I painted them up to represent Hampton's Legion.

Union Cavalry. I use this unit as US Regulars.

Union Infantry. The two bases in front are skirmishers. 

Confederate Infantry. I painted them up to represent and early war South Carolina Brigade.

A better look at the Union Infantry. I usually use them for early-war generic Union units.

Confederate Infantry with the South Carolina flag more prominent. 

Two regiments of South Carolina rebs.

Most of my Italeri ACW collection. The Zouaves from the Union set have found there way into a composite Zouave unit consisting of HAT and Italeri miniatures and so did not make the cut.


No comments: