Thursday, July 16, 2015

Austrian Ulans, 1914





20mm Austrian Ulans from IT Miniatures in Great Britain. 

The lances are dull needles from the local craft store.

My goal is to produce an Austrian war game army in 1/72nd plastic. Cavalry is non-existent so I had to hunt for metal. ITS and Irregular Miniatures in England both have extensive ranges of WW1 figures.

HAT makes plastic Austrian infantry in 1/72 but they are "skinny" in my opinion and not up the standards of the Austrian Heavy Weapons set or the Austrian Artillery crew set nor their excellent gun models.

Strelets makes an excellent set of plastic 1/72nd Austrian Infantry but are hard to get in the U.S. I found mine on eBay from a Chinese vendor who provided excellent service. 

Pictures will follow as I work on this army.

Entry from the collection of BRR

No comments: